- Psychotherapy (initial consultation, individual therapy, family therapy): $150.00/session
- Group Therapy: $50/session
- Speaking Engagements: $150/hour
- Private Practice Consultation: $150/hour
- Individual Supervision: $90/hour
- Group Supervision: $60/hour
HSA and FSA cards accepted!
There are many benefits to self-pay vs. insurance:
- 1.) No diagnosis is required for self-pay clients. While a diagnosis for some can be beneficial, for others it could have its consequences. It could compromise one’s ability to obtain life, health, or disability insurance.
- 2.) Your goals and treatment will be determined by you and the clinician as a self-pay client. When going through insurance, our choices and treatment options may be limited as insurance determines for us what is considered “medically necessary” and could deny a certain diagnosis, number and length of sessions, and treatments.
- 3.) No limits placed on treatment. Due to insurance guidelines, limitations are often placed on your therapy process including, but not limited to, how many total sessions you receive, how many sessions per week, or even how long of session you may have. This does not always align with your treatment recommendations and inhibits your progress.
- 4.) You will have complete privacy. When using insurance, your information (diagnosis, nature of issues seeking counseling, treatment goals, how long the issue has persisted) is all shared with your insurance, anyone involved in processing and handling the claims, and future employers.
- 5.) You can receive the specialized anxiety treatment you are seeking with Amanda Petrik-Gardner, LCPC. Mrs. Petrik-Gardner may not be paneled with your particular insurance, however it will be more beneficial to your mental health to receive short-term treatment and pay out-of-pocket, than to use insurance, long-term, with a provider that is not trained in your particular concern.
Out-Of-Network Reimbursement & Superbills
In addition to using your HSA/FSA account to pay for your therapy process, another option to make self-pay more doable is Out-Of-Network (OON) reimbursement.
My clinic will provide Superbills upon request so that you may submit for OON reimbursement.
What is a Superbill? A Superbill is a receipt that contains my business and tax information, as well as your session and billing information.
Many insurance plans have OON benefits. If yours does, you may submit this Superbill to your insurance to see if OON reimbursement is a possibility.
NOTE: Not every insurance plan has OON benefits. Please verify with your insurance.
NOTE: Your Superbill will contain a diagnosis. If you are requesting self-pay in order to avoid a diagnosis on your record, then you may not want to request a Superbill.
Payments can be made by logging into your Client Portal, if you have already created an account. HSA/FSA cards are accepted in your Client Portal.