Hello and welcome to my private practice! My name is Amanda Petrik-Gardner, I am a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC) in the states of Kansas and Maine, a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in the states of Arizona, Colorado, Missouri, and Michigan, a Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner (LIMHP) in the state of Nebraska, and an approved out-of-state telehealth provider for Florida. I am passionate about the treatment of anxiety disorders, OCD, and BFRBs. If you have been seeking a therapist for anxiety, OCD, or BFRB treatment, let me tell you more about my practice.
My goal is to help those who experience Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Hoarding Disorder, and Body Focused Repetitive Behaviors like Trichotillomania (hair pulling disorder) and Excoriation (skin picking disorder), finally find hope and relief. I also specialize in the treatment of anxiety disorders including Generalized Anxiety, phobias, social anxiety, panic disorder, and illness anxiety disorder. The greatest joy in my work is when my clients recognize their anxiety is treatable and a weight is lifted. There is treatment that works and allows you to live according to your values.
I have my undergraduate degree from Kansas State University with a Bachelor’s of Arts in Psychology, and I received a Master’s of Science in Counseling Psychology from the University of Kansas. My training is in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT); the preferred and recommended treatment for anxiety disorders and obsessive-compulsive and related disorders. Under the umbrella of CBT is Exposure & Response Prevention, an evidence based treatment for OCD. Amanda is also trained in Inference- Based CBT (I-CBT), an empirically supported cognitive treatment for OCD. In addition, Amanda is trained in the recommended treatment for BFRBs; the Comprehensive Behavioral Model (ComB Model).
From my experience as a therapist working with anxiety disorders and OCD, you too can find the life you are looking for and alleviate your anxiety. Contact me today to schedule your consultation at email@example.com. Amanda is licensed in the states of Kansas, Colorado, Nebraska, Maine, Missouri, Michigan, Arizona and is also an approved out-of-state telehealth provider for the state of Florida.
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Anxiety and OCD
- Exposure & Response Prevention to Treat Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Prolonged Exposure Therapy for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Unlocking the Mystery of Selective Mutism and Social Anxiety
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Childhood Traumatic Grief
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-I)
- Behavioral Activation with Depressed Clients
- Body-Focused Repetitive Behaviors (BFRB), Habit Reversal Training, and Comprehensive Behavioral (ComB) Model
- Understanding and Treating Panic Disorder Using Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Training, Parts 1 & 2
- Gottman Method Couples Counseling, Levels 1 & 2
- Behavioral Therapy Training Institute: International OCD Foundation
- Virtual Professional Training Institute: The TLC Foundation for BFRBs
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Body Dysmorphic Disorder
- Supportive Parenting for Anxious Childhood Emotions (SPACE Training)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Hoarding Disorder
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
- Pediatric Behavioral Therapy Training Institute: International OCD Foundation
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor in Kansas
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor in Maine
- Licensed Professional Counselor in Colorado
- Licensed Professional Counselor in Michigan
- Licensed Professional Counselor in Missouri
- Licensed Professional Counselor in Arizona
- Licensed Independent Mental Heath Practitioner in Nebraska
- Approved out-of-state Telehealth provider for Florida