Who can benefit from online counseling, or telemental health?
- Clients in remote areas with limited access to therapists.
- Home bound individuals, whether due to physical limitations or mental health concerns (i.e. agoraphobia and social anxiety). Online counseling may be the stepping stone needed before becoming an ongoing, in-person client.
- Public figures or clients needing additional privacy. Online counseling eliminates the chance of running into someone in the waiting room for your session.
- Those in a time or financial crunch. Online counseling saves time and travel expenses, allowing you to schedule a session during your busy day while remaining at home or work.
- Existing clients who may be moving elsewhere in Kansas but would like to continue therapy services with Amanda, or may be unable to attend their in-office session due to illness, work schedule, or an unexpected event (i.e. no transportation).
How does it work?
- Contact Amanda Petrik, LCPC at 785-477-9117 or AmandaPetrikLCPC@gmail.com to schedule your consultation.
- Electronic paperwork will be emailed to you shortly after scheduling your consultation.
- On the day and time of your appointment, visit https://doxy.me/amandapetriklcpc for your session. Follow the online prompts to check-in for your session.
- Must be located within the state lines of Kansas.
- Must have Firefox or Google Chrome to operate server from a computer OR download free doxy.me app from your phone or tablet.
- You will be asked to verify your identify (such as with a Drivers License) and location.
- Expected to hold session in a quiet and confidential space.
- Only self-pay available for Online Counseling
- Credit card information will be requested when the electronic paperwork is sent. This will be required before the consultation is conducted.
- A Late Cancellation (less than 24 hour notice) will result in a $50.00 fee; a No Show (no notice) will result in a $75.00 fee.