Hello and welcome to my private practice! My name is Amanda Petrik-Gardner, I am a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC) and am passionate about the treatment of anxiety disorders, OCD, and BFRBs. If you have been seeking a therapist for anxiety, OCD, or BFRB treatment in Kansas, let me tell you more about my practice.
My goal is to help those who experience anxiety in the forms of Generalized Anxiety, phobias, social anxiety, panic disorder, agoraphobia, separation anxiety, and selective mutism, finally find hope and relief. The greatest joy in my work is when my clients recognize their anxiety is treatable and a weight is lifted. I also specialize in the treatment of Obsessive Compulsive and Related Disorders including Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Body Dysmorphic Disorder, and Body-Focused Repetitive Behaviors like Trichotillomania (hair pulling disorder) and Excoriation (skin picking disorder)
I have my undergraduate degree from Kansas State University with a Bachelor’s of Arts in Psychology, and I received a Master’s of Science in Counseling Psychology from the University of Kansas. My training is in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT); the preferred and recommended treatment for anxiety disorders. While participating in CBT, you and I will explore your thoughts, patterns of thinking, and behaviors that may be unhelpful and negatively impacting your mood. Together we will reframe these thoughts and encourage more calming behaviors to alleviate the anxiety for a healthier, happier lifestyle. Under the umbrella of CBT is Exposure & Response Prevention, the gold standard treatment for OCD. In addition, the recommended treatment for BFRBs which is the Comprehensive Behavioral Model (ComB Model).
I know from my experience working with adults and children with anxiety that you too can find the life you are looking for. Contact me today to schedule your consultation at 785-477-9117 or AmandaPetrikLCPC@gmail.com.
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Anxiety and OCD
- Exposure & Response Prevention to Treat Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Prolonged Exposure Therapy for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Unlocking the Mystery of Selective Mutism and Social Anxiety
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Childhood Traumatic Grief
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-I)
- Behavioral Activation with Depressed Clients
- A Cognitive Behavioral Approach to Weight Loss
- Body-Focused Repetitive Behaviors (BFRB), Habit Reversal Training, and Comprehensive Behavioral (ComB) Model
- Understanding and Treating Panic Disorder Using Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Training, Parts 1 & 2
- Gottman Method Couples Counseling, Levels 1 & 2
- Behavioral Therapy Training Institute: International OCD Foundation, Level 1
- Virtual Professional Training Institute: The TLC Foundation for BFRBs
For more information on anxiety disorders and what treatment may be beneficial for you, click here.