Hello and welcome to my private practice! My name is Amanda Petrik-Gardner, I am a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC) and am passionate about the treatment of anxiety disorders. If you have been seeking a therapist for anxiety treatment in Kansas, let me tell you more about my practice.
My goal is to help those who experience anxiety in the forms of Generalized Anxiety, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, phobias, social anxiety, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, panic disorder, agoraphobia, separation anxiety, and selective mutism, finally find hope and relief. The greatest joy in my work is when my clients recognize their anxiety is treatable and a weight is lifted.
I have my undergraduate degree from Kansas State University with a Bachelor’s of Arts in Psychology, and I received my Master’s of Science in Counseling Psychology from the University of Kansas. My training is in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT); the preferred and recommended treatment for anxiety disorders. While participating in CBT, you and I will explore your thoughts, patterns of thinking, and behaviors that may be unhelpful and negatively impacting your mood. Together we will reframe these thoughts and encourage more calming behaviors to alleviate the anxiety for a healthier, happier lifestyle.
I know from my experience working with adults and children with anxiety that you too can find the life you are looking for. Contact me today to schedule your consultation at 785-477-9117 or AmandaPetrikLCPC@gmail.com.
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Anxiety and OCD
- Exposure & Response Prevention to Treat Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Prolonged Exposure Therapy for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Unlocking the Mystery of Selective Mutism and Social Anxiety
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Childhood Traumatic Grief
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-I)
- Behavioral Activation with Depressed Clients
- A Cognitive Behavioral Approach to Weight Loss
- Body Focused Repetitive Behaviors (BFRB) and OCD
- Understanding and Treating Panic Disorder Using Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Training, Parts 1 & 2
- Gottman Method Couples Counseling, Levels 1 & 2
- Behavioral Therapy Training Institute: International OCD Foundation, Level 1
For more information on anxiety disorders and what treatment may be beneficial for you, click here.