Hello and welcome to my private practice! My name is Amanda Petrik, I am a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC) and am passionate about the treatment of anxiety disorders.
My goal is to help those who experience anxiety in the forms of Generalized Anxiety, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, phobias, social anxiety, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, panic disorder, agoraphobia, separation anxiety, and selective mutism, finally find hope and relief. The greatest joy in my work is when my clients recognize their anxiety is treatable and a weight is lifted.
I have my undergraduate degree from Kansas State University with a Bachelor’s of Arts in Psychology, and I received my Master’s of Science in Counseling Psychology from the University of Kansas. My training is in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT); the preferred and recommended treatment for anxiety disorders. While participating in CBT, you and I will explore your thoughts, patterns of thinking, and behaviors that may be unhelpful and negatively impacting your mood. Together we will reframe these thoughts and encourage more calming behaviors to alleviate the anxiety for a healthier, happier lifestyle.
I know from my experience working with adults and children with anxiety that you too can find the life you are looking for. Contact me today to schedule your consultation at 785-477-9117 or AmandaPetrikLCPC@gmail.com.
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Anxiety and OCD disorders
- Anxiety Consultation with Kansas City Center for Anxiety Treatment
- Prolonged Exposure Therapy for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Anxiety Disorders in Children
- Unlocking the Mystery of Selective Mutism and Social Anxiety
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Childhood Traumatic Grief
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America Annual Conference
- Registered Play Therapist – Supervisor
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Training, Parts 1 & 2
- Gottman Method Couples Counseling, Levels 1 & 2